November 6, 2012

Jalapeño Popper Dip

This dip was a winner and is going in my keeper stash for sure. The only part about making this kind of dip that I was concerned about was how spicy it would be. Have you ever bought Jalapeño's that were either really really mild or REALLY REALLY spicy?! Thankfully the ones I used were right were they needed to be.

Bad news about this post.....I don't have a picture to share :-( I promise though that as soon as I make it again I will add a picture!!! And who knows it may be sooner then later, since it was so good.

Jalapeño Popper Dip

2 pkg. cream cheese, softened (I used lactose free cream cheese)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup mayonaise
4-6 fresh jalapeño's, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup diced green onions
6-8 slices of bacon (optional)....I left it out

Topping:
1 cup of crushed crackers (I used Ritz but you could use saltines or even Panko bread crumbs)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F

Combine all the dip ingredient together in a bowl, make sure to stir well. Transfer to an oven proof dish. (I was surprised at how much dip this actually makes, so my baking dish ended up being too small and I had to fill two different dishes)....I am going to say that you could easily get the entire batch into a 9x9 square baking dish. Spread it out smoothly.

Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle across the top.

Bake 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and the topping is light golden brown.

Serve with crackers or even tortilla chips.

1 comment: