November 28, 2012

Cranberry Pumpkin Bread


This is the yummies bread I have made it a while, good thing the recipe yields 2 loaves! It smells so yummy while it is in the oven too. I am going to make sure to keep some extra cans of pumpkin in my pantry since after the holidays are over it always seems like canned pumpkin is nonexistent.


3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
1 cup canola oil or applesauce (I use applesauce whenever I have it)
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans, optional (I didn't have any on hand today)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F; grease 2 loaf pans

Combing your dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside. 
In a larger bowl beat eggs with both sugars. Add pumpkin, oil (applesauce) and vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients. 
Fold in cranberries and pecans.
Divide mixture evenly between the two loaf pans.
Bake 50-55 minutes, check for doneness before removing from oven.
Cool in loaf pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely. 




**I wrap my bread in plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator. These also freeze well. 
When I eat this bread I like to put my slices in the toaster for a few minutes and then I add either a dab of butter or smear a little peanut butter on before eating....yummm ;-)**


No comments:

Post a Comment