November 15, 2012

Cookie Exchange

One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is back cookies and I usually host a Cookie Exchange Party every year. My very first Cookie Exchange I was part of was a bit scary, we had to bake 12 dozen cookies!!! I thought there is NO WAY I can bake that many cookies and them taste good too....but I did. You should have seen all the different cookies I brought home from that exchange. It was a huge reward after baking so many of the same kind of cookie to have been able to come home with 12 different types of cookies to try.

My little helper & I

I am going to share cookie recipes with you and you share cookie recipes with me. Some of the recipes I will be sharing are directly from the cookbook or web page I got them from and others will be from my "secret" collection. I promise you though that every recipe I share with you has been tried and worth sharing. To keep the sharing going I ask for you to share a recipe too.




Photo Credit



NutterButter Santa Cookies

12 oz white baking chocolate, chopped (DO NOT USE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS)
1 pkg Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
Red colored sugar (I have always used the red sprinkles you can find in the baking section)
About 35 white chocolate chips
About 64 mini semisweet chocolate chips
About 32 red hot candies (optional, I don't always add the red hot candy)

Directions:

In a microwave, melt white chocolate for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second at a time, stirring until smooth.

Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire racks so the excess chocolate can drip off. 

For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate. Press one vanilla chip off-center on hat for pom-pom; let stand until set.

Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a red-hot for nose. 

Place on waxed paper until set.

Makes about 32 cookies






No comments:

Post a Comment