November 6, 2012

Blueberry Banana Bread

This recipe is one of my stand-bys for when my bananas turned brown faster then they were being eating. If you don't have blueberries you could use raspberries too! I like putting my slices into the toaster to warm them up a bit and then smear just a little butter on it before eating or peanut butter BUT is not needed. I like taking this bread with me as a little on the go snack too.


going in the oven

My recipe calls for 1/3 cup applesauce but you could use a jar/container of baby food too....bananas, pears or a fruit combo too. This won't change the flavor too much but works if you don't have applesauce. AND if you don't have applesauce or baby food, use oil (same measurement).


Blueberry Banana Bread

1 1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 whole bananas)
1/3 cup applesauce
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your loaf pan and set aside.

In a large bowl combine dry ingredients including the oats. In another bowl whisk together the bananas, applesauce and eggs. Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients stir to combine. Fold in blueberries.
Pour mixture into your prepped loaf pan. 

Bake 1 hour (check with a cake tester before removing). Cool in pan at least 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely. **I keep mine in the fridge after cooling.**




No comments:

Post a Comment