August 18, 2012

Mis-lucked Cake Batter Fudge......

I am kind of disappointed about the turn out of my attempt to make Cake Batter Fudge. I don't make a lot of fudge because it is usually only me that ends up eating it in my house but this past weekend I had some friends over and thought this would be a perfect time to make fudge!

The problem with the attempted fudge wasn't the flavor but the consistency. It never got hard enough for me to cut, it was still soft and sticky even after letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight. So needless to say no fudge was eaten with my friends....good thing they brought over some really yummy desserts to share :-)

Here is the recipe I used....if you give it a try, please do share your results....I did use lactose free milk so that may have been the problem.

1 cup yellow cake mix (dry not prepared for cake baking)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup milk

Combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe dish. DO NOT STIR before putting into the microwave. Microwave for 2 minutes then stir.

Pour into a square pan (this dish/pan should be smaller then a 8x8 to make sure it is thick enough). Then chill for 1 hour before cutting. 

**rainbow sprinkles could be stirred into batter BUT let it cool for a few minutes otherwise the candies will bleed**

No comments:

Post a Comment