October 30, 2012

Red Velvet Cake Batter Dip

It's movie night at my house!! A few of my friends and I are getting ready for the last part to the Twilight sequel....Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out November 17. So we are having   a Twilight movie night. We are watching "Twilight" and "New Moon" tonight and then the other two movies another night. Movie night has to have themed snacks!! I made a huge pot of spaghetti (since the Cullen's decide to cook Italian for Bella when she comes to visit their house for the first time). I also made Red Velvet Cake Batter Dip to represent the vampires and Puppy Chow for the werewolves.


The Red Velvet Dip has a sweet-creamy-chocolate flavor. I could eat it by the spoon-full and not even use a cookie to dip it in. I also thought the texture and consistency would work perfect on cupcakes. SO I will be keeping this recipe in mind when Valentine's Day comes around.


Red Velvet Cake Batter Dip

1 pkg. cream cheese ( I used the lactose free kind)
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups red velvet cake mix (dry not prepared)
2-3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 TBS milk ( lactose free used here too)

Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Slowly add 1 cup of red velvet cake mix at a time to the butter mixture. You may need to add 1-2 TBS of milk to keep the mixture smooth. Do the same with the powered sugar until you have reached a consistency that you like, again you may need to add 1-2 TBS of milk to keep the mixture smooth. ( I used the whole 3 cups)

Chill at least 1 hour before serving.

Serve with vanilla wafers or graham cracker sticks.





No comments:

Post a Comment