October 11, 2012

Grilled Chicken Pasta

Am I the only one that loves Pampered Chef products? I sure do hope not. Not only do I love their products but I really love their cookbooks and recipes. Most of the recipes are under 30 minutes, short ingredient lists without too many non-pantry essentials AND most importantly they taste GREAT! No I am not trying to sell you anything through my blog but I am going to share more recipes that are from Pampered Chef because I have tried them and love them.


I have to tell you that these pictures really need "smell-o-vision" if you cold smell the aroma of this pasta while it is cooking.....unbelievable.




The recipe requires very little time to prepare and almost no clean up because it is cooked in the microwave. The only thing you must do in advance is grill up some chicken or use up some leftover chicken but you could also substitute it with canned chicken. I am using the "Deep Covered Baker" to make this dish. The Deep Covered Baker can be used in the oven or microwave and you can even use it to make desserts.

This Grilled Chicken Pasta recipe only takes 30 minutes in the microwave!!


Tomatoes are ready to be mashed
Grilled Chicken Pasta

4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups cherry tomato (I didn't have any so I used 4 regular vine tomato instead, I cut them in half)
3 cups UNCOOKED mini penne pasta
3 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay or Pinot Grigo (optional can use chicken broth instead)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups grilled chicken (or you could use canned chicken, make sure you drain it well before adding to the pasta)


Directions:

Lightly spray the inside of the Deep Covered Baker, add sliced garlic and tomatoes. Cover and microwave 5 minutes. Remove and mash tomatoes. **If you are using vine tomato like I did, then I would recommend pulling the skin off of the tomatoes before mashing them.**
Yes the noodles have not been cooked yet!

Add pasta, broth, wine (if using....I did and do), salt and pepper. Cover and return Baker to the microwave. Cook 10 minutes, remove lid carefully and stir the pasta. Cover and return to microwave for another 6-8 minutes.

Carefully remove baker from microwave and remove the lid, lifting away from you. Stir in basil, parmesan cheese and chicken. Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving, this will allow the chicken to warm up.




My Pampered Chef consultant's email address is chefkathy@cox.net , email her and tell her I sent you I promise she will take good care of any your Pampered Chef needs.


1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, thank you for the awesome blog post! This is one of my favorite recipes to make and I like that it can be vegetarian as well. I appreciate the plug, too! I will gladly take care of anyone who comes recommended from you!

    Kathy Meindl
    Independent Director with the Pampered Chef
    chefkathy@cox.net

    ReplyDelete