December 21, 2014

Hot Buttered Rum


Is it just me or are the beginnings of blog posts the hardest? The beginning of the post should be what grabs your attention, it's what is supposed to lure you in to wanting more but what if the picture I am sharing should be getting all the attention and not the words I am typing before it?? I think that is why I am drawing a blank with this first paragraph today, the picture below speaks for itself (at least for me it does today).



Who would have thought adding butter to a hot drink would work!? Or what about adding coconut oil? I was pleasantly surprised that both actually work and taste GREAT. I tried both and have to say I preferred the coconut oil mixture more that the butter. I think the hint of coconut mixed with the pineapple juice pleased my tastebuds more then the butter mix did. 

Give it a try....who knows you may be adding a new beverage to your Holiday must-haves. If you would like more Hot Holiday Drink ideas jump on over to FitCakes to see my Hot Buttered Rum featured in a 12 Days of Christmas Special Day 2: Hot Drinks to Warm the Soul.



Do you have a favorite Holiday Drink you make every year?


makes 1 drink

1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 oz. Spice Rum (like Captain Morgan's)
1/2 vanilla extract
1/8 tsp cinnamon
a dash of nutmeg
1 Tablespoon butter or coconut oil 

Directions:

Before you plan on making and serving this Hot Drink I suggest to prep your butter/coconut oil in advance.....whip together the butter or coconut oil with the vanilla extract, cinnamon and dash of nutmeg and put it in the fridge to chill.

When the butter has firmed up you are ready to mix up this hot cup of goodness.

Heat the pineapple juice, rum and brown sugar just until it is hot and steaming a bit but do not bring it to a boil; you could do this either on the stove in a small pot or in the microwave.

Pour the hot concoction into your coffee mug and then top it with your prepared butter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment