December 2, 2012

Lemon Crinkles

Yesterday was not only our December book-club meeting but it also was our yearly Christmas Cookie Exchange. I brought 12 half dozen Lemon Crinkles to exchange and brought home 12 half dozen different cookies to try. I don't think baking this many cookies is the hard part of doing a cookie exchange for me it's deciding on which cookie to make. I have a collection of my all time favorites that I know taste great and turn out super but I also love trying new recipes out.

This year I decided to try out a new recipe I dug up online! This recipe is not only easy and requires very little ingredients but that taste great too. This recipe is going on my never-ending list of keeper recipes!



Lemon Crinkle Cookies 
                                                     makes about 2-3 dozen 

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 tsp lemon zest
1 TBS lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F & line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Combine dry ingredients (EXCEPT the powdered sugar) and set aside.

Cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, zest and juice; mix until ingredients are incorporated. Slowly stir in flour.

Either using a small scoop or a teaspoon scoop out dough and gently roll into balls, dip each in the powdered sugar to coat. Place on cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes (I actually had to bake mine 13 minutes but I rather put the lower time amount on here just in case your oven bakes hotter...its always easier to add a few minutes)

Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in a airtight container.







1 comment: